We ask that our visitors continue to follow our guidelines below to ensure the safety of everyone using the building.
Since the outbreak of COVID-19 we’ve closely followed UK Government and WHO guidance. In alignment with this guidance we’ve reviewed a whole range of our working practices and operating procedures – including cleaning, hygiene, catering and customer services.
ORTUS COVID-19 guidance in summary:
- We’re closely following UK Government and WHO guidance and we will change and adapt our ways of working to support you to stay as safe as possible.
- We encourage you to wear a mask while in public areas of the building.
- The ORTUS team are on hand to support you, please follow their instructions closely. Staff have undergone training to ensure the building is well managed and you stay safe.
- Please check in using the NHS Covid-19 App when you enter the building
- You’ll see one-way systems and markings in place throughout the building, please try to follow these.
- We’re frequently sanitising all frequent touch areas and AV equipment in the building using high strength viricidal products.
- How can you help? Please use your best judgement, if you’re not feeling well, have a fever or other flu like symptoms please go home, contact nhs.uk and follow guidance.
Visiting the ORTUS building
To help keep you safe we suggest you wear a face covering while in public areas of the building.
Inside the building, the furniture is more spaced out, there are floor distances markers, one-way systems and hand sanitisation throughout the building. If you’re taking part in an event here we can reassure you that we’re regularly sanitising equipment in rooms, and we ask you to limit the movement of furniture. We’d ask you to respectfully follow this guidance and requests by our staff so we can ensure the building is safe for everyone.
In September 2020 we launched our upgraded café facility, and have implemented a socially distanced ordering system, and a reduced amount of furniture with increased table spacing. We ask you to consider using space on the mezzanine and weather permitting, using the tables outside the building. Please consider downloading our new ORTUS Café App that enables you to order and pay for food ahead of time so you can grab and go. Please also try to pay by card rather than cash if you can.
How can you help? Please use your best judgement, if you’re not feeling well, have a fever or other flu like symptoms please go home, contact nhs.uk and follow guidance.
If you have a questions, comments or concerns don’t hesitate to get in touch on firstname.lastname@example.org
*we understand that some people not wear a mask for physical or mental health reasons.
Using the ORTUS café
- To maintain social distancing there is a reduced level of seating available in the café. We ask you to consider using the mezzanine area or weather permitting, consider sitting outside.
- If the café is busy you may be asked to queue, please follow the floor spacers and distance where possible and follow any requests by staff.
- We invite you to download our ORTUS Cafe App to order and pay ahead.
- Where possible please pay by card or using the ORTUS Cafe App.
- Please try not to pick up and put down items of produce.