Welcome to the ORTUS Cafe where you’ll find a wide selection of delicious hot meals, sandwiches, and some of the best teas and coffee in the local area. Our indoor and outdoor seating areas are great spaces to work, study, meet or simply enjoy being in the company of others. We welcome everyone.
Café Opening Hours – Monday to Friday, 8:00 am – 2:30 pm
Our offerings include:
- Organic and fair-trade coffee and tea
- Seasonal and fresh produce (including salads, sandwiches and hot food for lunch)
- Discounts on food and drink when you bring your own reusable containers
- A range of vegan and vegetarian options
Our cafe is part of ORTUS, a Maudsley Charity operated building for the benefit of NHS and university staff and students, mental health service users, Maudsley Charity funded projects and our local community.
Our facilities include:
- Free WiFi
- Work desks and power points
- Indoor and outdoor seating
- Bicycle parking
- Showers and changing rooms
The cafe is available for private hire
ORTUS sources fresh, organic fruit, vegetables and preserves from the Occupational Therapy Garden at Bethlem Royal Hospital, some of which is on sale in the cafe. The Occupational Therapy Garden promotes recovery for inpatients and members of the community experiencing mental ill-health.